Thursday, 23 June 2011

First post

Testing my new blog
Called myself beekeeper as something new that I have just taken up along with doing this 23 things course. This is also the first time Ihave set up a blog so this is my first post on my first blog.

career details - Deputy University Librarian (Information Services and Systems) at Southampton Solent University.

Why am I doing this course? To keep up my skills -especially now that as a manager, I have fewer opportunities to use such technologies than when I was a subject librarian and was looking to develop services that would reach students via a number of routes.

I have not felt the need to post much on blogs -I tend to use professional mailing lists as a source of finding/posting information. I do look at a number of blogs but generally because the subject matter is of interest. Perhaps I might find myself engaging more with blogs as a result of this course? We shall find out?

1 comment:

  1. Beekeeping, like cpd23, is pretty interesting. I find blogs very useful for keeping up to date with library news. Also, they are rather entertaining. This is important.

    -Jo

    ReplyDelete